Friday, June 14, 2013

The Life of a Writer (Well, Sort Of)

A paper. A pen. A very colorful and playful imagination. Well, a writer like me would not treat those as simply-owned things. To me, these are the ingredients to create a very good writer. I have to admit that I love writing, and it's as if it's already carved on my veins. It is my ultimate source of happiness, contentment, inspiration and appreciation for the gift of talents. (Hey, not everyone is gifted with the gift of written expression). I am blessed to be one of those who are blessed to have such talent. I used the write poems, sonnets, and even short stories. And until now, I still write on my journal. Every sheet of paper is like gold to me; every pen a mighty sword; every imagination kept in a treasure chest deep in my mind. One question: how did I come across discovering this dear talent of mine? Well, let me share you a piece of my life as a sort-of writer...

When I was in the 4th grade of my elementary years, my imagination got very vivid until I could not hold it on my mind anymore that I needed to just pour it out, express it, and just place it somewhere. Finding a pen and paper near me, I just started writing all of them. Added a few details here and there, edited them, and voila! I made my first story, "The Father and His Daughter" (R.I.P to it. I could not find it anymore) :(( And so it began; my appreciation for my gift. I started writing poems which were dedicated to my dear father. Then, as years went by, Shakespeare inspired me to try making some sonnets (the first being entitled The Sonnet of A Sweet Dream).

I am very jubilant about such, and I am blessed to have a deep appreciation for it. Up until now, I write the things that I see and experience, and even what my heart feels for the people I love the most.

(Phew! Ain't that cute? Oh well, 'til the next blog!) :)))

No comments:

Post a Comment